The Best of Washington Steelhead and Trout
The Best of Washington Trout & Steelhead
12 Great Rivers, 4 Cool Lodges & 1 Little Fly Shop
Overnight Packages and Day Trips
- The Klickitat opens June 1st! Definitely going to be big water.
- Current clarity is 8 inches and flows are at 3900cfs!!!!
- The weather is going to cool over the next few days which will improve clarity.
- However, 3 days before the opener, the weather looks as though it will get WARM again, potentially marginalizing clarity.
- Blown out – Zero visibility –
- Bugs include-> Salmon Flies, Golden Stones, Caddis, Flying Carpenter Ants
- Current flows are at 219K . Clarity is at about 5 feet.
- Bugs include -> # 12 Flying Carpenter Ants, # 14-18 Caddis, #16 Yellow Mays
- Fishing and catching is average to good
- Best bugs lately include a variety of nymphs – #12-16 PT’s, Lightning Bugs, Caddis Pupa and #8-12 Catchall’s
- Currently a great bet as we have seen both male and females on beds and have had some goooood fishing recently with topwater action.